Monday, April 14, 2014

Breakfast possibilities - homemade cottage cheese and fruit.

My normal breakfast is yogurt & nuts & fruit - strawberries, blueberries, apples, pears - whatever is in season and looking tasty.  I have always kept frozen blueberries and strawberries in the freezer to make sure fruit is handy.

I love the taste of plain yogurt and fruit and nuts. There is something wonderfully fresh about this combo.  I would eat it for breakfast and snack and dessert some days.  I love the walnuts in the combo for their crunch and density.  The yogurt would cover the fruit just enough to give the fruit a tang. It was healthy and I felt like I was doing something good for myself.

Yogurt is off the diet*.
Nuts are off the diet*.
But I'd like to still eat fruit with something.

Today I'm trying homemade cottage cheese with blueberries and strawberries - both frozen.  I'm waiting for the berries to loose their crystals. I find myself picking at the cottage cheese in hunger. It is all quite cold. I know I'm not giving this a good "try".

But this breakfast - hot water for beverage and icy strawberries, icy blueberries and cold cottage cheese - isn't working for me.

I know I need to find something steady for breakfast. Something that is ready to go in the morning. I want to keep trying until I get the right replacement.

Maybe I'll try ricotta cheese and fruit tomorrow. Put a bowl of fruit together the night before?

*http://www.amazon.com/Heal-Your-Headache-David-Buchholz/dp/0761125663/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1398452375&sr=1-1&keywords=heal+your+headache

No comments:

Post a Comment