Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Corn and Bean Salad

Corn and Bean Salad is pretty.
I love the dark beans and the red peppers and the bright yellow corn.

And easy.
You can make from canned corn and canned beans.
I did soak my dried black beans and then cook them - but only because I've been trying to get into the habit of cooking my beans. Canned beans taste the same to me. (Be careful they have not added anything to trigger a migraine*)

I used frozen corn. Easy.

Trade the wine vinegar to distilled vinegar.

Vinegar salads always taste better the 2nd day.



It has been 2 weeks on this diet.
I am resisting using the Imitrex on my headaches.
I've had headaches 7 of the 14 days. Some put me out for the day. Some are just a few hours
I think they are lessening in severity. At least I know they are not getting worse.
I'm counting my blessings. But I'm spending a ton of time on food.
Thinking about food. Researching recipes. Planning grocery lists.
Being hungry for some of my old favorites.
But trying not to focus on what I cannot have - trying to learn how to make what I can have really delicious.

Stovetop Vanilla Pudding has been a crutch. I love it. I greatly reduce the sugar so I don't think I'm doing my body too much harm. It is my comfort food.

*http://www.amazon.com/Heal-Your-Headache-David-Buchholz/dp/0761125663/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1398452375&sr=1-1&keywords=heal+your+headache

No comments:

Post a Comment